Ancestris sukututkimusta ohjelma
IMPORTANT To install and run Ancestris, you need Java from Sun Microsystem (now Oracle).
Java 1.6.x is a minimum requirement for Ancestris 0.7, and for Ancestris 0.8 beta, you need to run at least java 220.127.116.11. You have to know that Ancestris 0.7 can't run with Java 1.8.x. So to summarize:
- Ancestris < or = to 0.7 requires Java 1.6.x to Java 1.7.x
- Ancestris > or = to 0.8 requires Java > or = to 18.104.22.168
(So if you run java 1.8.x you can't run Ancestris 0.7 but Ancestris 0.8 and above will work just fine).
To check which version you have on your system, you can visit the Verify Java Version web page.
We are writting a user guide for Ancestris v. 0.7. It is not finished, but as people requested us to make it available, you can download it. Of course, this guide is updated from time to time. So even if you downloaded it already, it's always a good idea to get the latest version. Ancestris v. 0.7 user's manual (pdf file).
An old guide written for Ancestris v. 0.5 is still available. Ancestris v. 0.5 user's manual.
Some plugins have their own documentation] written by their author. Check this section.
We have tried to gather different questions/answers related to Ancestris.
Of course you can find everything thru the available documentation, the Forum, etc.. but some questions come from time to time, and we think it's a good idea to put all those stuff somewhere.
This is the purpose of our How-To (english version).
We could add different videos to explain how to use Ancestris. These are the first ones. If you find them useful and want us to make new ones, please send us a mail. We need some feedback about those videos. Thanks.
March 12th, 2018 :
If you discover Ancestris, or have questions about it, I've started to create new videos in english. I've put the first ones online for testing purpose.
If you like such videos, please send me mail. If I receive feedback about the interest of such videos, I will make new ones. For example : Adding a child, parents, spouse, etc... Use of the geoview etc...
These are the videos (files are in .avi format) :
- How to create your first individual ( click on the link on the left). You discover and use for the first time Ancestris. You're gonna learn how to create a brand new genealogy with your first individual. (posted on March 12, 2018)
- How to load a genealogy coming from another genealogy program ( click on the link on the left). How to load a gedcom file, a genealogy, coming from another genealogy program and fix all the mistakes in a row automatically. (posted on March 12, 2018)
- How to resize and move the views ( click on the link on the left). How to resize and move the different views within Ancestris and that way having a working environment that match your needs. (posted on March 15, 2018)
- How to change the look of the dynamic tree ( click on the link on the left). How to change the look of the treeview, the dynamic tree. Learn about styles and blueprints. (posted on March 16, 2018)
- How to modify a blueprint ( click on the link on the left). How to change the look of a blueprint used for the treeview, or the gedcom editor. For example, I want to display in the dynamic tree the date, place, state and country of the wedding. (posted on March 16, 2018)
- How to create parents, children, brother, sister ( click on the link on the left). Here you're gonna learn how to create the parents of a person, in a three steps process, or in a two steps process or in a one step process. You will learn how to create in just one click the parents and a sister of an individual for example. You will be using the dynamic tree, but you will see how to do the same actions from the others views. A must have . (posted on March 18, 2018)
- How to enter places in your genealogy ( click on the link on the left). You're gonna see how to enter the locations, the places, of the events of your genealogy. You're gonna learn how to enter them, and place them exactly where you want on a map, and in a manner that respect the gedcom specifications. That way, by being totally compliant with them, you will preserve your data. You will do that in a very interactive way. (posted on March 23, 2018)
- How to change the information displayed by the dynamic tree ( click on the link on the left). You want the dynamic tree to display information of your choice. Learn how to install new blueprints, and that way design the information the way you want. (posted on April 04, 2018)
- How to add a child (in english). Here you will see how to add a child from the different views of Ancestris. How to delete one. How to move a child from a family to another one, etc.
- Windows management (in french - even if you don't understand french, video are self explanatory). Learn what you can do with the different views, Ancestris offers. How to open, move, float, dock a window, etc...
- How to add a death property to an individual, with all information associated, plus the source of information, with an image of the deaths register (in french - again, even if you don't understand french, video are self explanatory). Here, with this video, you will learn how to add a death property to an individual using the gedcom editor, his date and place of death, the source of information, all elements about that source (event, page, ...), and a scan (an image) of the death certificate.
- ↑ It's important to watch them from the first one to the last one. You have information in the first ones that help to understand the other ones.
- Sivua on viimeksi muutettu 4. huhtikuuta 2018 kello 20.14.
- Tämä sivu on näytetty 1 506 kertaa.